Curry is a very versatile dish that can comprise of many moving parts. In the beginning of my cooking experience, I followed recipes to the letter. I was afraid the dish wouldn’t turn out right if I didn’t. Time and experience has taught me that certain combinations just compliment each other. Take the following recipe, for instance. I had some left over cauliflower that I had purchased for another dish, some carrots, a bell pepper, a jalapeno pepper and wondered what dish could I create with these ingredients. Behold, a curry. What I love about Indian dishes is the flavor is what makes it delicious! Yes, having those vegetables is great for our bodies, but what we desire is the taste. So even in you don’t have the ingredients listed in this recipe, swap them out for what you do have. Butternut squash, potatoes (sweet or white), or edamame, it’s your choice in what you want to create. The point is to cook at home and enjoy the experience. It's less expensive and more nutritious to prepare foods in your own kitchen. This can be easily prepared in less than 30 minutes. It's a perfect weeknight meal.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- ½ head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 TBSP curry
- 2 TBSP turmeric
- 1 can coconut milk
- Mince garlic and put aside.
- In a large skillet, warm 1 TBSP olive oil. Place diced onions and saute for a few minutes. Add garlic and continue cooking until fragrant.
- Add cauliflower, carrot, bell pepper, jalapeno pepper and continue cooking, covered 5-7 minutes.
- Add spices and coconut milk. Mix well and continue cooking until bubbly.
- Serve with rice.