There are phases I go through with eating. Sometimes I'm on a kick with guacamole and tortilla chips. Other times it's hummus. One day, I shared with a friend and co-worker how much I loved hummus, but the recipes I'd tried at home just wasn't creamy enough for me. I preferred the store bought type. She shared with me her recipe, and I've been making it ever since. I've also experimented with adding roasted red peppers and avacados. All of which have been very good. The addition of yogurt, I beleive with the secret to the creaminess I was looking for. Personally, I use the greek yogurt for additional protein.
1 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
2-3 large garlic cloves
4 TBSP fresh lemon juice
2 TBSP olive oil
3 TBSP tahini
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 - 1 tsp salt
1/2 cup plain yogurt
- Puree peas along with garlic in food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasons by adding more garlic, cumin, lemon juice, or salt.
- Transfer to serving bowl and cover.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serve with fresh vegetables such as cucumbers, carrots, celery, and peppers.