Our family loves Mexican food, even for breakfast. When the family needs a break from the ordinary, here is a pretty and tasty breakfast for any occasion.
- 8 Corn Tortillas
- 1 Can Refried Beans
- 8 Eggs
- 1 Cup chopped lettuce
- 1 Avocado, peeled and diced Fresh or canned salsa
- Cheese (optional)
- Place tortillas in a skillet on medium/high one-at-a-time to warm. Place another, smaller skillet on top of tortilla to press down. Cook for 2-3 minutes until warm and slightly browned. Carefully turn tortilla over and repeat the procedure.
- Place warmed tortillas on cookie sheet or individual plates to cool.
- Open the can of refried beans and warm according to packaged directions, keep warm.
- While beans are cooking, fry eggs according to desired method.
- Layer tortillas first with beans, then egg. Add chopped lettuce, avocado pieces, and salsa. Add cheese and/or cilantro if desired.
- Serve immediately.