Here is yet another quinoa recipe that can be served warm or cold. So if time is an issue, don't fret, no cooling time is required.
Quinoa and Garbanzo Bean Salad
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 glove garlic, minced(may add more)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 2 tsp prepared mustard
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring the quinoa and water to a boil, lower heat and simmer until liquid has evaporated, 15-20 minutes.
- While quinoa is cooking, chop broccoli and mince garlic. Place in a mixing bowl along with rinsed garbanzo beans. Add quinoa, lemon juice, tarragon, mustard, and olive oil. Stir until evenly mixed. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
adapted from Allrecipes.com