Here is a new twist on the ordinary oatmeal breakfast. Adding the quinoa gives extra fiber and protein. Roasting the cranberries and blueberries creates a delicious and nutritious topping.
Quinoa Oatmeal with Cranberries and Blueberries
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- honey (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, add oatmeal, quinoa, water and almond milk.
- Cook on low until creamy and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- While oatmeal is cooking, place cranberries and blueberries in a roasting pan.
- Add coconut oil and roast at 400 degrees for 5-7 minutes or until cranberries have popped.
- Pour oatmeal into individual bowls and top with fruit mixture.
- Add honey for extra sweetness, if desired.