Rich in omega-3, canned salmon is a good choice for a quick dinner. In this recipe, diced scallions and red bell pepper provide flavor and color. Serve with Scalloped Potatos and Carrots and Smokey Three Bean Bake.
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can wild caught pink salmon, drained
- 2/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp no-salt added seasoning
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 4 scallions finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 2 TBSP mayonnaise
- 1 TBSP prepared mustard
- dash of salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- oil for frying
- In a large bowl, break up salmon into small pieces, discarding any pieces of skin and bone.
- Gently fold in 2/3 cup breadcrumbs, seasoning, pepper, onions, parsley, salt and pepper, mayonnaise, mustard, and egg until combined.
- Shape into 6-8 patties.
- Add 2 TBSP oil to skillet and fry on medium heat for approximately 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels.